Now that spring is in the air, we know many of you are planning some warm weather getaways. We have some quick tips to help you pack light. Fitting everything you need in a carry-on isn’t as difficult as you think and it will allow you to avoid the dreaded wait at the luggage carousel. (Less time in the airport means more time on vacation!)
- Roll your clothes. Folded clothes take up more space (see the above photo!) and can often cause wrinkles. Rolling your clothes tightly saves valuable luggage space and keeps your clothes looking smooth.
- There’s space in your shoes. Place rolled up socks within them and always pack the shoes around the edges of your bag.
- Wear your heaviest clothes and shoes on the plane to save more space in your bag.
- Layer your clothes in your carry-on starting with the heaviest items first and lightest articles of clothing last.
- On top of your clothes, place your toiletries for quick and easy access at security checkpoints.
- Bring clothing you can mix and match. This will eliminate the need to bring too many clothes and accessories while still keeping your style fresh.
Do you have any tips for packing light or reasons why you love traveling with just a carry-on? Let us know by commenting below.