For the past 30 years, we’ve been living life with spirit, passion and positive thoughts. We live by the positive impact of color because it helps us stay bright, happy and complete. From the sunniest of days to the darkest, we’re able to find color in grey places. We all have a light inside of us. It’s time to find it, embrace it and share it. Your new found light will reflect on those around you, igniting their own lights. If you can do that, then your spirit stays free, your passion is revealed and you’re that much closer to a rich, fulfilled life. And there’s nothing better than that.
In celebration of our 30th birthday this month, we’re encouraging all of you to do something that makes you shine. From random acts of kindness, good deeds and simply doing more of what makes you happy, we hope you’ll take a moment to shine bright. To get you started, here are 30 ways you can shine this month.
Here we go! Shine On…
- Volunteer in your community.
- Have a picnic with your family.
- Reconnect with old friends. They’ll be happy you took the first step.
- Participate in a beach or park cleanup.
- Take a relaxing bubble bath.
- Plant a garden for someone less fortunate.
- Grab your friends for a weekend getaway.
- Do you something you’ve wanted to do for a long time. Now’s your chance to travel, try that hobby or take that risk you’ve been contemplating.
- Surprise your spouse with breakfast in bed.
- Tell a person you love one thing you love most about them.
- Talk a long walk outside. Feel the sunshine, breathe in the fresh air and appreciate your world.
- Reread your favorite book.
- Offer to babysit your grandchildren or nieces and nephews. Their parents will appreciate the alone time.
- Donate your used clothes.
- Carpool to work.
- Drive with all the windows rolled down and the radio all the way up.
- Get a massage.
- Send yourself flowers.
- Set up a mother/daughter date.
- Make a sandcastle like you did when you were a kid.
- Pay for the person behind you in line at the coffee shop.
- Make a point to smile at strangers. You’ll see how contagious a smile really is.
- The next time you have a good experience at a restaurant, write them a good review on Yelp.com or call to let them know.
- Create art with bright colors.
- Have a slumber party. Why did we stop having them in the first place? They’re not just for kids!
- Organize a craft night with your friends.
- Quiet the noise by purposely leaving your cell phone at home.
- Compliment someone sincerely.
- Instead of emailing, send a hand written letter to an old friend.
- Think of your lunch break as recess and go play outside.
So we can follow everyone’s inspirational activities, please share how you’re shining by commenting below or sharing stories on Facebook and Twitter. Use #FPShineOn in your social posts! We hope you share the ways you plan to Shine On!