Color is all around us, affecting our lives and influencing our wardrobes more than we might realize. Here are a few things you might not have known about color meaning and its influence in our lives.
- Orange, yellow and even red stimulate appetite. Have you ever noticed that the majority of fast food chains embrace at least one of these hues? McDonald’s, Burger King or KFC, anyone?
- The color blue was originally associated with girls, not boys. It was pink that was more common for boys. Pink, a form of red, was considered a stronger color, making it more suitable for males. While blue was considered delicate and dainty, therefore relating to females.
- About 62-90% of our first impressions of one another are based on color. Psst! Bright colors score more points!
- Blue is the most common favorite color.
- Color blindness is more prevalent among males than females.
- Wearing black for mourning started back with the Egyptians and Romans.
- Oscar the Grouch from Sesame Street was originally orange. His color changed to green in the second season.
Where have you noticed color’s influence on your daily surroundings?